Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Backwoods Missouri Terrorist

Phil just sent me a link to this article about the university in my hometown. Just proves there are psychos everywhere.

It's a little funny, though, because my mom is ridiculously afraid of terrorists. When my sister and brother-in-law lived in Cairo, Egypt for the past two years, she asked them one time if they had disguises and escape plans set up just in case the terrorists were after them. Of course, they survived Cairo fine and never felt threatened in the area where they lived. Now someone claiming to be a terrorist attempts an "attack" in my sleepy hometown, less than five miles from the house where my mom and dad live, where I grew up. A little ironic, don't you think?

UPDATE: My mom just called and said they're staying in Springfield until they figure out what's going on in Rolla. And my mom's brother and his whole family are on their way to Springfield. I'd be a bit put off too, but when does that cross over to being paranoid and alarmist? Hmm.

1 comment:

Matty said...

Wow nothing interesting ever happens to me. I need to hang around with more perspective terrorists.