Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Mrazzed


A couple of years ago I went on a work trip with my friend Leora. Her "friend" at the time (now her boyfriend, of course) made her a CD of songs for the trip that either had to do with Georgia (since that's where our trip was) or were just really good songs. Two of the songs on this album were Jason Mraz songs: Life is Wonderful and Plane. I really liked the whole CD of songs, so I got a copy from Leora which I listened to often for a while after our trip. I thought nothing more of it until a couple of weeks ago when I downloaded the free iTunes video of Jason Mraz's The Beauty in Ugly video he did with the show Ugly Betty. I've never seen the show, but listening to this song and watching this video reminded me of how much I like Jason Mraz songs.

So, this week, I've gone crazy and bought two of his albums on iTunes and I can't seem to stop listening to them! Both are excellent: Mr. A-Z and Selections for Friends. I think my favorite JM song is still Plane probably, but there are definitely a few gems on these two albums that are growing on me more and more as I listen to them.

Despite my current Jason Mraz intrigue, my favorite current band is actually Red -- they're like a really good Evanescence with male vocalists and a bit more jam. But my favorite overall is still Linkin Park. Rumor is they will finally have a new album this May (and, if I'm doing the calculations right on their page, that should be about 61 days from now). It's been almost five years, but well worth the wait. Linkin Park is categorized as "Alternative & Punk" in my iPod; Red is showing up as "Metal" and Jason Mraz is categorized as "Alternative." Weird - I wouldn't put Jason Mraz and Linkin Park anywhere near each other, but I guess alternative is an extremely vague category. Well, I like them all, so who cares what genre they are? All I know is I can officially call the 26 Jason Mraz songs now a prized part of my 1,823-song iPod.

No comments: