Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Strong Wimp

Training at the gym this morning, I did jumps and squats (not all at the same time, Praise God from Whom All Blessings Flow). For jumps, I basically have to go from the ground and jump up with both feet at the same time to a little platform thingie. Today I went to the 2-foot-high one. I must have had a mental block because my right foot got stuck under the platform (my left foot made it up with room to spare) and my right shin nailed the corner of the thing. I've never had a cut and scar so deep or painful, especially not on my shin. Ouch. My trainer kept saying, "I've never seen something that gross. Are you sure you're okay?" It does hurt a lot, but I don't think I need stitches or anything. It might be to the bone -- I can't tell. I doubt it, but that tibia is awfully close to the skin on shins. I did go on to do my jumps easily so I'm sure we'll move up to the 30" platform next week. Ouch, again.

Of course, then I went on to squats, which were fun and easy-ish again today, even with the heavier weight and the injured shin. The human body is amazing.

1 comment:

Matty said...

KC, you dominate. As my good friend Marshall would say when facing such an injury, "Compress, Elevate and go home!"