Tuesday, February 20, 2007

in the you ass of ay

Crumpler is the coolest! It's an Australian company who is now making it big in the USA (or, to see how they say it, see the title of this post). They make all kinds of bags that are fun and extraordinarly well-crafted. The company is entertaining and silly and it shows in their website, their bags and everything else they do. If we lived in NYC, we'd go to their events because they would just be a fun time. I just thought of them because they sent me a link to their 2007 catalog. Weird and hilarious.

When I got my Macbook last spring, Phil insisted that I get a new bag. If he'd pick it for me, it would be black and leather and boring. He wouldn't approve of a chick laptop bag like this one because the padding was not sufficient. So, I began the search. After about a week of research, I encountered Crumpler. I ordered The Luncheon in blue (with orange inside) and I've never had a laptop bag (or any bag, actually) that is so cool-looking, fun and so well-made. In fact, my picky hubby (who will admit readily that he has a bag fetish ... laptop bags, that is) ordered The Customary Barge bag for himself, his MacBook Pro and his Nikon D50.

2 comments:

Matty said...

KC, I recently came across this tear-wrenching blog by my long-time buddy Slick (a fellow Mac-iac). He simply asks for equal access to you comments section. Have a heart! (See his blog at: http://web.mac.com/aaron_sudduth/iWeb/Site/iBlog/iBlog.html)

Equal Blogging for All

Has anyone ever made a blog plea for the right to post comments on another blog? Let the world know that the entire point of today’s blog is to start a petition to allow me to post comments on Sneezer Kacie’s blog. If you believe in this noble cause, I ask you to sign the petition by posting a comment below.

A few days ago I ran across SK’s blog via Matt’s witty, yet, intelligent commentary on the things he should have told us but didn’t. After reading a few of the entries, specifically the one about Music and Lyrics, I went to post a comment and realized that I was not part of the inner circle. You see, it said it did not allow anonymous posts, and since I didn’t have a Google account I was forced to keep my comments to myself - causing me to stutter the rest of the day.

Follow my rationale:
- SK and Phil know Matt, which means they are probably pretty cool
- SK went to see Music and Lyrics on VDay with her spouse, as did Stacey and I
- SK/Phil also bought a MacBook (and uses Garage Band)...and like me, am anal about getting the right case
- Some of SK’s favorite shows are Lost, The Office, and the Amazing Race - which are our favorite shows
- SK has a pic of herself as a kid on her site, as do I
- SK likes math jokes (which I blogged about a month ago)
- It appears Phil likes Chipotle and coffee - check
- SK works out at the gym, like Stacey and I...and like Stacey, it sounds like SK is prone to hurting herself :)
- They live in a John Laing home...to which we aspire to

Even though I have no idea who SK is, I have no problem posting this shameful attempt to be included in her cool club. I don’t want to sign up for a Google or Blogspot account, but I am prepared to take drastic measures, such as typing a few keys on my MacBook to create an account if necessary. After all, she started it by posting a comment on my site. :) (actually, this is a round-about way of saying thanks, and your comments were spot on).

So, Free Tibet, Save the Pygmies, and Equal Opportunity Blogging for all!!!

Kacie said...

This is awesome, by the way, and the ban on non-Google commenters has been lifted! Oh - and subscribe to the iBlog -- all of the posts are pretty much as great as this one. :)