Wednesday, March 21, 2007

HomeShop


For the first time ever, I just ordered groceries online to be delivered to my house tomorrow! We'll see if my limes, broccoli and crescent rolls show up tomorrow at the designated time. The order process was incredibly easy from King Soopers (my neighborhood store anyway). And for a very small fee they pull everything off the shelf and bring it to my door. Report to follow on how this actually turns out!

Okay, so I do have to add the disclaimer here that I'm not a terribly lazy and spoiled person who needs strangers to do my grocery shopping normally. The bottom line this week is that I don't want to lose sleep or cancel other fun things I have going on, but I still need to get a huge amount of groceries for the Pampered Chef party I'm hostessing tomorrow night and it just plain snuck up on me too soon. I have 10 women coming so far (FUN!) and I'm going to need a bit more food than I had originally planned. I'm looking at about an hour-long trip to King Soopers at this point, but I don't think I actually have an hour to spare. I have to work today, have LifeGroup tonight, must sleep tonight so I can be awake for the torture at the gym too early tomorrow, then work again all day, then they'll be at my house all of a sudden after work tomorrow! When I realized this morning that I won't really have time to go shopping, I went to look at the King Soopers site to see if they have everything I need or if I'll need to make lots of stops. Turns out they have everything except what only the liquor store has, so I'm all set! Hopefully it all comes in good order. I wonder if they put it away and prepare it, too? :o)

By the way, if any of your wives (or you, if you're a female or just really into kitchen gadgets and utensils) want to come to a Mexican Happy Hour Pampered Chef party tomorrow night, shoot me an email and I'll send you the Evite!

1 comment:

Matty said...

I must tell you that your posts truly bring to light aspects of life with which I would never come in contact. It’s not that I wasn’t aware of online groceries; I guess I just didn’t think I would ever find a reason to utilize this service. You are just fount of information.