Friday, March 2, 2007

Oscar Not Grouchy

The Departed. Finally! A movie worth winning an Oscar won an Oscar! We watched it last night -- it is fantastic! Phil had already seen it, but this was my first viewing. It's a great story, approached in a fresh way. All of the actors, of course, are spectacular. With that cast list, how could it not be amazing? I'd highly recommend it. You'll be thinking about the movie after it's over -- not because it's disturbing, but because the plot was so interesting and you're still trying to work through the details a bit in your mind. Fantastic movie -- see it.

Probably not a date movie, unless your wife or girlfriend is okay with blown-out brains and f-bombs. Screenit.com says there are at least 237 f-bombs in the 2.5 hour film. But, I'm desensitized, so that was okay.

Before The Departed, I could generally say I'm not a fan of Scorsese films. In all fairness, though, I've only seen The Aviator and Gangs of New York. I wouldn't say I enjoyed either of those. I also don't really like Leonardo DiCaprio, but he was in all three of those movies. So, even with a pre-movie attitude against Scorsese and DiCaprio, The Departed still came out on top. Fantastic flick.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes...it's a great movie for a guy's Bible study! (inside joke with Matt) :)

Hey, I REALLY REALLY think you need to check out my blog today.

You'll know what I mean... Sorry Matt. We're still cool...right?

Matty said...

It's ok, Slicky. I've been handsome my whole life so middle school pictures don't faze me. I am a little bit amazed by how perfect my hair was. I don't even remember ever owning a comb, but I guess I did.

Back to the point. Kacie, we did try to watch The Departed for our guys Bible study and we didn't make it all the way through. I am glad you enjoyed it though.

Kacie said...

The Departed seems perfectly appropriate for a guys' Bible study group. What was the problem? (Kidding, of course!)

I guess a movie with an average of 1.3 f-bombs per minute couldn't be good for the soul, but this poor soul still enjoyed it.

Anonymous said...

Ok freaky...after thinking about the blog I came back here to figure out the f-bomb rate per minute. Unfortunately, I was beaten to the punch.

Nerds unite. Speaking of nerds, how 'bout them middle school pics? lol :o)

I think Matt's picture should be used as office blackmail...