Friday, May 4, 2007

No Spin Zone






A girlfriend of mine pointed me to this link from Always.

Seriously. Some things you can't spin, no matter how hard you try.

I am normally a positive person, a sometimes-over-the-top optimist, but this is not how I feel when Aunt Erma is visiting. I can guarantee you I will never, no matter how many times Always tells me to, "have a happy period." I think what they mean to say is, "We're happy you're having your period so we can make a recurring $20/month profiting from your misery, the misery of your husband, friends, coworkers, children, the dog, and the poor person at the grocery store check-out." I will never be thankful for my period. It's a curse of the fall and just plain torture on my poor husband.

There are only three times I can think of "happy" and "period" being associated for a woman:

1 - When maybe it didn't come because it was intercepted (and this is not always a happy discovery).
2 - When it's over every month.
3 - When the key word of "not" comes before either "happy" or "period."

I'd like to see my hero at indexed make this into a postcard for all womankind to agree with.

No comments: