Friday, March 23, 2007

REPORT: HomeShop

Well, it was kinda neat having the groceries delivered. They were an hour late on the delivery and they brought me a fried chicken dinner (complete with rolls and potato salad) instead of the rotisserie chicken I had requested, but the fruit and veggies looked great, and everything else was there.

When I mentioned this weird grocery-delivering idea to my friend and coworker and she said, "Man! For $10 I'd go shopping for you and deliver it!" I realized I can be a very lazy and spoiled person. But, she insisted that I'm not a brat yet -- just spoiled, so that's good, I guess.

I think it's not something I'll be doing very often, but it sure was convenient this time. If I am ever immobile, I'd definitely do it again. But, for now, this able-bodied girl will continue to walk the aisles of the neighborhood King Soopers to do her own grocery shopping.

1 comment:

Matty said...

Thanks for the update. I must agree that I would likely shop for someone in exchange for a given percentage of the total bill. Based on your report, I am not too impressed with the service, given their inability to differentiate between rotisserie and fried chicken.