Tuesday, January 15, 2008

From Rumors to Reality


So, the sum-up from today's geekfest is that the pre-Apple-keynote rumor mills are getting more and more accurate! There were basically some updates to the iPhone (yea for the ability to text more than one person at a time!), iTunes (yea for movie rentals!) and AppleTV (which we *gasp* don't own and *gasp* don't intend to purchase ... mostly because we have a Mac Mini hooked up to our TV, and it works the same way, only it has a hard drive).

Anyway, the big announcement from Apple today was the coolest inter-office envelope contents ever, the MacBook Air. This thing looks incredibly sweet! Hopefully Phil can get some hands-on time (and maybe even pictures?) when he's there tomorrow. Meanwhile, check out the guided tour of this skinny bad boy.


4 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow! Thanks for keeping us mac newbies up to date. Just think what they'll come up with by the time we finish paying off our outdated notebook!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kacie...yeah, I saw the video yesterday and showed it to some other coworkers today. Talk about awesomely thin. I joked that if you type too hard it snaps in half. :)

Apple is truly the leader in innovation right now. Thanks for the update!

Kacie said...

Actually, Phil said the little Air is incredibly strong, for being so thin. He wants one now, of course! :o)

Anonymous said...

I downloaded the iPhone update last night after reading your blog! I had previously used jailbreakme.com to hack into the phone so that I could add a map locator and add icons and such to the home screen. Now, I can do it without voiding the warranty! I kept telling my wife that I couldn't believe the map program didn't have a locator! I mean, how good is a map if you don't know where you're at? I'm also looking forward to putting "shortcuts" on my home screen to webpages I frequently visit. :)